/ Biology

Domain overview in Biology niche. Based on relevant links and pages only. rank
Number of domains linking to
semantic flow
Number of links to
semantic flow
Number of domains linked from
semantic flow
Number of links from
semantic flow

Popular pages pointing to

Pages with highest topical PageRank pointing to domain.

url / atext / target url
a broadly implementable research course in phage discovery and genomics for first year undergraduate students jordan

Domains with most semantic flow to

Relevant domains with most links to selected domain.

domain info

semantic flow


Domains with most semantic flow from

Relevant domains with most links from selected domain.

domain info

semantic flow


Most linked pages from

Pages from domain with most relevant inbound links.




semantic flow


on topic


rel links

external links

external domains

referring domains

external backlinks

info 10.150.710.05-1--1-1-1-111 10.170.940-1--1-1-1-100 10.170.480-1--1-1-1-100 10.170.470-1--1-1-1-100 10.170.470-1--1-1-1-100 10.170.410-1--1-1-1-100 10.170.350-1--1-1-1-100 10.150.930-1--1-1-1-111

Hubs from

Pages from domain with most likely on-topic outgoing links.




semantic flow


on topic


rel links

external links

external domains

referring domains

external backlinks

info 10.160.040-1no-1-1-1-111

Random 'biology FAQs', may be related to more specific topics, not general biology topic.



Q: Why do I have an academic advisor?
A: Your academic advisor is an expert in the requirements of your major as well as your general education requirements, course offerings, and policies and procedures of the University. Your advisor does not tell you what to take or when but can provide useful insights into how best to approach your plan of study.
Q: How do I schedule an appointment with my Academic Advisor?
A: The Nexus scheduling platform allows you to schedule an appointment with your advisor. Appointments are only offered during our regular hours of operation.
Q: Why do I have a hold?
A: The university holds can prevent you from adding or dropping classes.
Q: Why would I be placed on academic probation?
A: You'll be on probation if you get a GPA below 2.0.
Q: What can your Advisor do?
A: Your advisor can help you plan your course of study, choose your classes, and provide guidance and advice on your career plans.
Q: How do I request an application?
A: Go to the Undergraduate Admissions office if you're a freshman, or to if you're a transfer student.
Q: What software packages does JMU have a site license for?
A: The university provides some software for free, while other software must be purchased by the department.


Q: How do I change my major?
A: You can change your major within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) using the Online Program Change form. If you are changing your major to one in a different school or college at UConn, you will need to apply to that program.
Q: How do I undeclare a Biology major/minor?
A: There's a very good chance you'll be admitted to NYU! The school is known to be very generous with financial aid, so don't let the sticker price scare you off.
Q: How do I apply for a project?
A: We are looking for someone who is passionate about learning and committed to the position, rather than someone with extensive prior experience.
Q: How do I change my CSM password?
A: 1. Go to
2. Click on the "Forgot Your Password?" link
3. Enter your JMU eID
4. Check your JMU e-mail for instructions


Q: How can I add a minor?
A: You can declare a minor in most UConn colleges online. There is no need for permission to declare a minor, but it is recommended that you discuss the change with both your assigned advisor and an advisor for the minor. Most minors require 15-18 upper-level credits in that subject. There may also be specific courses that are required.
Q: When can I register for next semester’s classes?
A: A student’s enrollment appointment is the earliest date and time they are allowed to enroll in classes. To find your enrollment appointment, log into Student Center, click on the Enrollment Dates link, and select the desired term.
Q: When can I add and drop classes in Student Admin?
A: The add/drop period begins during preregistration the semester prior and ends on the tenth day of classes.
Q: What will happen if I drop a course after the add/drop period?
A: It is generally not a good idea to withdraw from classes, as it can negatively impact your transcript and financial aid status.


Q: How many credits can I take in a semester?
A: You can take up to 17 credits per semester unless you have a GPA of 2.6 or higher, in which case you can take up to 18 credits per semester.
Q: How many times can I retake a course?
A: You can retake a class once. If you want to take a class for a third time, you need to get permission.
Q: How can I use my credits from high school?
A: You should send your AP scores to UConn, and you can decide whether or not to keep your ECE credits at the end of your first semester.


Q: How do I transfer a course from another school or college?
A: You can transfer a course to UConn as long as you earned a C or higher in the course and the school you took it from sends UConn an official transcript.
Q: How do I register for and transfer coursework in from another college or university?
A: Transient coursework means taking courses at another college or university.
Q: What do most people do once graduating from IC Biology?
A: The Biomedical Science program at the University of Central Florida is an excellent choice for students who are interested in a wide variety of health-related fields. The program is rigorous and provides students with a strong foundation in the basic sciences, which is essential for success in any health-related field. Additionally, the program offers a wide variety of courses and opportunities for students to tailor their education to their individual interests.


Q: How do I know if a course will transfer?
A: UConn will accept transfer credits from any accredited institution, including online courses.
Q: How do I know if my transfer course will satisfy a requirement?
A: If a transfer course is listed in the same format and number as the UConn course for which you are trying to get credit, then it can be used to satisfy the same requirement. Non-equivalent courses will begin with a 9.
Q: How do I know when a specific course will be offered?
A: We offer the required biology courses (i.e., Gen Bio) every semester including summer. There are a variety of upper division biology electives to choose from. Not all upper division biology electives are offered every semester. The Catalog description for each course provides information on which semesters each class is offered. A search of BIOL courses in the Schedule Planner in UCDAcess lists the biology courses offered in a given semester.
Q: How do I know if a specific course will be offered in a given semester in the future?
A: There is no guarantee that a course will be offered, but if it has been offered in the past, it is likely to be offered again.
Q: How do I transfer courses to WVU?
A: You'll need to talk to an advisor.
Q: How do I view my course schedule?
A: Use the STAR student portal to view your course schedule.

If you're a student at UC Davis, you can use the STAR student portal to view your course schedule. To do so, log in to the portal and click on the "Student" tab. Then, click on the "Course Schedule" link.

You'll be able to see your course schedule for the current quarter, as well as any upcoming quarters for which you've already registered. You can also use the "


Q: Where is the Biology Advising Center?
A: We are in the Biology/Physics Building (BPB), room 101.
Q: How do I know what the prerequisites are for each biology class?
A: You need to have either taken or be concurrently enrolled in CSCI 2300.
Q: What are the requirements for the Biology or GPH/Biology major?
A: You need to complete four required courses, three upper-level courses and two courses from an approved list of courses.

Required Courses:

-English Composition (3 credits)
-Introduction to American Government (3 credits)
-Introduction to Sociology (3 credits)
-Statistics (3 credits)

Upper-Level Courses (9 credits):

-Social Psychology (3 credits)
-Methods of Social Research (3 credits)
Q: What are the requirements for admission or transfer to NYU?
A: Biology has nothing to do with admissions.
Q: What are the criteria for graduate school acceptance?
A: This is a letter from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to state Medicaid directors regarding the department's policy on Medicaid reimbursement for telehealth services. The letter reaffirms the department's policy that Medicaid reimbursement for telehealth services is allowable under federal law, and that states have the flexibility to determine how to reimburse for those services. The letter also outlines the department's expectations for states regarding the provision of telehealth services, including the need to ensure access to care for Medicaid
Q: What are the differences between the 2 emphases?
A: The two emphases in the IB major have different upper division requirements, but the lower division requirements are the same for both.
Q: What are your favorite parts of IC Biology?
A: The Ithaca College Biology Department is a great place to study biology! Our faculty are top-notch researchers and teachers, and our students have many opportunities to pursue their own research projects. Our small class sizes and variety of courses offered make it easy to get the most out of your education.
Q: What is the community atmosphere within the biology department like?
A: The biology department at the University of XYZ is a great community of scholars that are always willing to help out whenever needed, fostering a great balance between professional and personal relationships.
Q: What are the average class sizes?
A: It depends.
Q: When are the BUA periods (Rounds) for posting and applying to opportunities?
A: A few weeks before the start of each semester.
Q: How do I contact the Biology Computing Specialist?
A: I'm not sure when Lon is in the office.


Q: How can I be cleared for registration?
A: You need to talk to your Biology Department advisor to get cleared for registration. Fill out the Bio Dept Registration form and schedule a meeting with your advisor to go over your course schedule.
Q: Where can I find information about prerequisites for specific courses?
A: The Department of Biology offers a wide variety of courses each semester. You can find a list of current and past courses offered on the department website.
Q: Where can I find past AP® Biology exams?
A: The College Board’s AP® Central website provides access to past AP® Biology exams, practice tests, and other resources that can help you prepare for and do well on the exam.
Q: Where can I go for more information?
A: The requirements for majors and minors for all departments are described in the College Bulletin. The College Dean’s Office can provide assistance in determining if requirements have been met, for planning your studies, etc. The Biology Department web site and your faculty advisor can help with questions about the major or course work.


Q: How are AP® Biology scores calculated?
A: To pass the AP® Biology exam, you need to answer 50% of the multiple choice questions correctly and earn at least half of the points possible on the free response questions.
Q: When is the 2023 AP® Biology exam?
A: The 2023 AP® Biology exam will take place on Wednesday, May 10, 2023, at 12pm Local Time.
Q: When do AP® Biology scores typically come out?
A: The AP® Biology exam will be scored in July 2023. The College Board typically releases AP® scores early in the month of July. AP® scores are almost always available in July.


Q: What types of forms will I need?
A: The Registrar is responsible for maintaining and updating the student database. They are the ones who can help you with your student ID, transcripts, and registration.
Q: When do I need a Permission number?
A: You need a permission number for:

Courses that are closed.

Courses that are restricted to a particular major or program.

Courses that are restricted to a particular level.

Courses that have prerequisites or corequisites that you have not completed.

Courses that are part of a sequence or concentration that you have not yet completed.

Courses that have a departmental or instructor consent requirement.
Q: What if I need to withdraw from the semester?
A: If you are experiencing a serious illness or a death in the family, please contact the Office of Campus and Community Life at 304-293-5611. If you have a chronic illness, please consult with the Office of Accessibility Services at 304-293-6700. Please email your advisor so that we can talk about your concerns. Check the withdrawal policies for more information on dropping a class or withdrawing for the semester.
Q: What if my first semester didn't go well?
A: If you are a first-year student with a GPA below 2.0, you can participate in the Mid-Year Academy program for guidance and support.


Q: What if I am unsure about or don’t like my current major?
A: If you are undecided about your major, don't worry! You are not alone, and there are many resources available to help you figure out what you want to study. Talk to your family and friends, explore your interests, and take advantage of the resources offered by your school. With a little exploration and guidance, you will be able to find the perfect major for you.
Q: How can I get help if I am in academic distress?
A: Your advisor is your best resource when you are struggling in your classes. The AAC can also provide you with targeted assistance and mentoring.
Q: What if I am not doing well in a course for my major?
A: If you are struggling in a college course, speak with the instructor to see if there are any resources available to help you improve your performance. Additionally, make sure you are using your study time effectively by planning 5-7 hours of study per week for each 3 credit course.
Q: What if I am unsure about my major or minor?
A: It's normal to periodically think about how your major and/or minor align with your career goals as well as reflect on whether your career goals have changed. You can find out more information about a different major or minor by completing a "What-If analysis" in DegreeWorks to see the requirements. You can then email your advisor or make an appointment so that they can help you think about your options based on what you learned from the What If analysis.


Q: What happens if you fail AP® Biology?
A: Most students take AP® Biology during their junior or senior year of high school. However, the timing of when to take the exam may vary depending on your high school’s requirements. You should consult with your teachers, guidance counselor and parents to make the decision of when to take AP® Biology.
Q: What does AP or IB credit in Biology mean?
A: No, you won't get credits for IB exams.
Q: What happens if I earn a D or F in a class?
A: You can only D/F repeat a course once
-You must complete the second attempt within one year of the first attempt
-The second attempt must be for a letter grade
-You must earn a C- or higher in the second attempt in order to have the first attempt removed from your GPA
Q: Who do I call when I experience problems with projection equipment or console in a lecture hall or classroom?
A: The classroom technologies helpdesk number is X8-6799.


Q: How does retaking a course affect my cumulative GPA?
A: If you repeat a class, the grade you get the second time will replace the grade from the first time in your GPA, but both grades will appear on your transcript.
Q: How does withdrawing from a class affect my financial aid?
A: Before withdrawing from a course, you should speak to your advisor and the WVU Hub to understand the potential impacts on your financial aid and SAP.
Q: What are the renewal requirements to maintain my financial aid?
A: To renew your financial aid, you must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for each academic year.
Q: How does BUA work?
A: 1. The round opens at the beginning of each semester. The first phase is the ADD phase, which opens the first week of classes and closes the second week of classes.

2. The second phase is the DROP phase, which opens the second week of classes and closes the third week of classes.

3. The third and final phase is the SWAP phase, which opens the third week of classes and closes the fourth week of classes.


Q: What is “repeat forgiveness”?
A: Forgive means that the first attempt of the course is not recorded on your transcript.
Q: What is the criteria to graduate with honors?
A: You need a 3.5 GPA to get departmental honors in biology at CU Denver.
Q: Who is my Biology advisor?
A: If you are a LS transfer student, please contact your LS advisor for more information about interim advising.
Q: What is the "residency requirement"?
A: If you're struggling in a class, talk to your academic advisor and/or the professor to see if withdrawing, taking the class pass/fail, or taking it as an auditor/listener is a better option for you. You can withdraw from a class without any penalty before the registration deadline, but you will be charged $25 and will not receive credit for the course if you withdraw after that point.
Q: What is there to do in Atlanta?
A: Atlanta is a great city with a lot to offer visitors. Georgia Tech's visitors page is a great resource for information about the city.
Q: What is biodiversity?
A: Conservation biology is a mission-oriented science that focuses on how to protect and restore biodiversity. Scientists in this field work to answer three general questions: 1) how is the diversity of life distributed around the planet, 2) what threats does this diversity face, and 3) what can people do to reduce or eliminate these threats and, when possible, restore biological diversity and ecosystem health.
Q: What are the best ways to conserve biodiversity?
A: Biodiversity is important because it provides direct benefits to people and maintains vital ecosystem services. However, the current rate of extinction is 100-1,000 times faster than the natural rate, and this is causing a biodiversity crisis.
Q: What can I do to help conserve biodiversity?
A: 1. Learn about the local threats to biodiversity and the most effective ways to counteract them.
2. Contact or read material from regional government natural resource agencies, non-governmental conservation organizations, and regional universities or colleges with conservation biologists on the faculty.
3. Visit parks and natural areas to gain a deeper understanding of biodiversity.
4. Be a responsible consumer and make informed choices about the products you purchase.
5. Advocate for policies and regulations that protect biodiversity.


Q: Why are some seats reserved and how can I get one?
A: If you're trying to register for a class and you get an error message saying that you do not meet the reserve capacity, you may email the instructor to ask for a permission number.
Q: What classes do I have left to take before I can graduate?
A: See your Biology Advisor regularly to make sure your course plan is on track. Review your Degree Audit in UCDAccess before your appointment and bring questions.
Q: What is the First-year Seminar in Biology?
A: The First-year Seminar in Biology is required for first year students and is optional for transfer students. The Seminar is designed to introduce students to the faculty of the Department of Biology, to discuss ways to improve studying, note-taking and test-taking, and to provide basic career building skills. Credits for taking the Seminar are counted towards the departmental requirements for the major.
Q: What are some classes that First-Year Biology majors take?
A: First year students will typically take Principles of Biology I & II and Principles of Chemistry.
Q: How many Biology Majors are there per graduating class?
A: There are about 30-40 Biology majors per graduating class.


Q: How do I get forms signed?
A: There are some academic forms that are completely electronic. On these digital forms, you will list the individuals whose approval you need, and the form will be automatically sent to them.
Q: How do I get a hold lifted?
A: You can’t cancel a hold placed by a library.

You can cancel a hold that you placed.

You can cancel a hold that you placed on a book that you have checked out.

You can cancel a hold that you placed on a book that you have not checked out.

You can cancel a hold that you placed on a book that you have requested.

You can cancel a hold that you placed on a book that you have not
Q: When should I get on a waitlist for a course, and how do I do it?
A: You can add yourself to a waitlist in Student Admin if a course is full. A permission number for each seat will be sent to the next person on the waitlist as seats open.
Q: How does this show up on my UConn transcript?
A: A T will not affect your UConn GPA, but a C or higher is required for a class to transfer.
Q: When do I get to see my room?
A: Yes!

Yes, you can absolutely stay with your friends who are not in Ballard! In fact, we encourage it! Ballard is a great place to live, but it's not the only place in Seattle, and there are plenty of other great neighborhoods to live in. If you have friends who live in another part of the city, we highly recommend reaching out to them and seeing if they're open to having you stay with them. It's a great way to save money on rent
Q: How do I get my unofficial transcript?
A: The transcript is a detailed record of your academic progress at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. It includes all the courses you have taken at UMass Amherst, your grades in those courses, and any academic honors you have received. Your transcript is maintained by the Office of the Registrar.


Q: How do I get directions to campus?
A: Parking is free in the parking structure at the intersection of San Ramon Valley Blvd and Danville Blvd.
Q: How do I set up wireless access for visitors?
A: To create a guest wireless account, visit and login with your e-ID and password. Guest users will need to connect to the wireless network named “JMU-Visitors”, open a web browser, and enter the username and password provided by their sponsor.
Q: How do I post something to the digital messageboards in the Bioscience Building?
A: Please submit your slide no later than one week before the date you need it posted.
Q: How do I connect my device to the JMU wireless on campus?
A: Download the appropriate file for your OS from the releases page and run it.

If you want to run the server yourself, you can clone the repository and run ./ .


This is a simple, self-hosted server that allows you to share your Steam status with others.

It is written in Go and can run on any platform supported by Go.


Q: How do I set up JMU eMail and JMU Calendar on my iPhone or Droid?
A: 1. Download the Microsoft Outlook app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
2. Open the app and select "Add Account."
3. Enter your JMU email address and password.
4. Select "Exchange" as the account type.
5. Enter "" as the server name.
6. Select "Done."
Q: How do I use the poster printer?
A: Email your poster to yourself and bring it to room 2021.

contact | terms | privacy
© 2018-2024