Qub.ac.uk / Mathematics

Domain overview in Mathematics niche. Based on relevant links and pages only.
qub.ac.uk rank
Number of domains linking to qub.ac.uk
semantic flow

Domains with most semantic flow to qub.ac.uk

Relevant domains with most links to selected domain.

domain info
http://wikipedia.org/ wikipedia.org
http://lms.ac.uk/ lms.ac.uk
http://shef.ac.uk/ shef.ac.uk

Most linked pages from qub.ac.uk

Pages from domain with most relevant inbound links.




semantic flow


on topic


rel links

external links

external domains

referring domains

external backlinks

http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/SchoolofMathematicsandPhysics/ASGI/SWANBronzeAward/Filetouplo 10.150.910.07-1--1-1-1-111
http://www.am.qub.ac.uk/ 10.150.870.071yes40-1-111
http://pure.qub.ac.uk/portal/en/persons/keith-bennett(fa14f6b4-a5e1-4f91-a18d-0ab364d4c36c 10.160.680.02-1--1-1-1-111
http://www.qub.ac.uk/ 10.150.550.01-1--1-1-1-111
http://pure.qub.ac.uk/portal 10.150.530.01-1--1-1-1-111
https://daro.qub.ac.uk/pastwinners 10.150.520.01-1--1-1-1-111
http://www.qub.ac.uk/ilo/exchanges/ 10.150.410.01-1--1-1-1-111
http://www.qub.ac.uk/home/TheUniversity/AboutQueens/HistoryofQueens/ 10.150.390-1--1-1-1-111
http://www.qub.ac.uk/ilo/socrates/partners/0708partners.htm 10.150.30-1--1-1-1-111
http://www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/EstatesDirectorate/FileStore/ArchitecturalHeritageTrail/ 10.150.280-1--1-1-1-111

Random 'mathematics FAQs', may be related to more specific topics, not general mathematics topic.



Q: What are the prerequisites for admission to the MS program?
A: You need to have taken a few math classes in college, but you don't need to have a degree in math.
Q: What if I don't meet all of the prerequisites?
A: If you want to apply to our graduate program but do not have an undergraduate degree in mathematics or have not taken a mathematics course for some years, we recommend that you take the appropriate undergraduate courses under the Non-degree Undergraduate Program. To determine exactly which courses you should take, contact the graduate coordinator.
Q: How do I apply for admission to the MS program?
A: The application process for the M.S. in Computer Science at the University of Arizona can be started online. A completed application packet consists of the online application form, undergraduate transcripts, three letters of recommendation, and a goals statement. International students may have additional requirements.
Q: What is the IB program and how does it work?
A: The IB will be offering an online exam for the first time this January. For more information about the exam, please visit the IB website here.
Q: What are the MINIMUM course requirements to declare my program?
A: All math majors are required to take a certain number of upper-level math courses, which vary by program. The math minor requires fewer upper-level courses.
Q: How is the Cal Poly Humboldt Data Science Program different from other educational programs in Data Science?
A: Data Science is a rapidly growing field with great job prospects. The median salary for an experienced data scientist in California is approaching $200,000.
Q: What are the steps to applying?
A: This program is designed to help students get jobs or pursue further research in applied statistics or discrete mathematics. It typically takes two years to complete, but there is the option to do it in four+1 if you start planning early. There is no thesis required, but you will need to complete a final project. Classes are offered online, hybrid, and on weekends.


Q: What if I am already in another degree program at Mason?
A: You can apply to the MS program using a Secondary Master's Program Application form if you are currently enrolled in a PhD or Doctoral degree program. In some cases, credits earned toward your PhD or Doctoral degree can also be applied to the MS degree.
Q: What if I am over 150.0 units?
A: The 150.0+ Petition with the College can take an additional 15 business days on top of the Math Department’s processing time.


Q: What jobs are available in the Math department?
A: You have to take Math 120 at Yale, unless you pass a test to place out of it.
Q: What are the risks of accelerating in math?
A: If your student wants to take a math course outside of our district, we cannot guarantee that the course will adequately prepare them for the next level. Additionally, courses taken outside of our district will not be included on the student's BHS transcript.
Q: What else should I know about math?
A: The math department at the University of Puget Sound offers a wide variety of opportunities for students to get involved in research, teaching, and public policy. Our graduates go on to successful careers in industry, academia, and government.
Q: What software is available at a discount from the University?
A: The Office of Software Licensing website lists terms and pricing of software packages available for purchase by university funds for use on university-owned computers. Software is available for purchase using both departmental and personal funds from the Computer Connection in the bookstore. The ISC Supported Computing Products page contains links to software available for Allocations, University-owned, and personal computers; categories include anti-virus programs, web browsers, ssh/sftp terminals, and desktop email clients.


Q: What if my student joins the Compressed Math course and then decides it is too fast paced or difficult?
A: A student who takes geometry in 8th grade will take a 9th grade math class at BHS.
Q: What if a lower division math course I planned to take is full during my enrollment appointment?
A: The waitlist is a true waitlist, which means that the only way to move up the waitlist and into the class is by other people dropping out of the course.
Q: What if an upper division math course I planned to take is full during my enrollment appointment?
A: Upper division math courses are restricted to math majors and minors only during the first pass. Students in a math pre-major are not able to enroll in upper division math courses during first pass.
Q: What is the best way to contact someone if I need help with University computing issues?
A: Email manager@math.upenn.edu or stop by DRL-3N5.


Q: How can I find out when a particular graduate course will be offered?
A: The graduate course frequency chart indicates when courses are typically offered. The student should understand that this is a planning document and not a guarantee that these courses will be offered in the semester indicated.
Q: How and when can I drop a course?
A: If you're not sure whether or not you're impacted, check the list of impacted majors/programs on the Registrar's website.
-If you are impacted, you'll need to participate in the Major-Specific Admission Process (MSAP).
-If you're not impacted, you'll be able to enroll in classes starting on the first day of instruction.
Q: When should I get a degree check?
A: You should do a degree check the quarter before you graduate to make sure you are on track to graduate. This involves meeting with your College and major advisors.
Q: When can I submit my petition?
A: Submit your petition during Finals Week.
Q: Where can I find even more information about getting started accessing University computing resources?
A: The Getting Started page will lead you through the process of accessing the University's computing resources.
Q: How may I recycle my used printer toner and ink cartridges?
A: You can recycle your empty toner or inkjet cartridges by bringing them to DRL-3N5 during office hours.


Q: What are the "COMING SOON" requirements?
A: The requirements for math majors, minors, and specializations in the "coming soon" catalogs have not been finalized, and an implementation date has not been set. If you are already declared into a math major, you will be grandfathered into the old requirements. If you are a pre-major at the time the new requirements are implemented, you will have one year to declare into a major under the old requirements.
Q: What are the laptop and other technology requirements?
A: Data science is a very interdisciplinary field, and many faculty are using data science techniques in their own research. The major is in the Department of Mathematics. Data Science majors will join Math, CS and Software Engineering majors in the Representing Realities cohort. This class is a culminating experience for majors, and will involve a semester-long team research project. This course will also involve professional and job-skill development activities to prepare students for life beyond Humboldt, including graduate school
Q: How can I post a "vacation" message?
A: There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to set up an out-of-office message will vary depending on which email service you use. However, general tips for setting up an effective out-of-office message include keeping the message short and to the point, being clear about when you will be unavailable, and providing alternate contact information for urgent inquiries.


Q: How can I obtain or request the install of a longer Ethernet cable in my office?
A: You can get a free Ethernet cable from the Math Computing Local Support Provider in DRL-3N5.
Q: How may I obtain a static IP address in DRL?
A: Email manager@math.upenn.edu with your Pennkey name, Ethernet MAC Address, make/model of computer, and the office where you will use it.
Q: How can I get an up-to-date list of the students in my class?
A: You can use Courses In Touch to see the current student list from the Registrar, updated regularly with photographs.


Q: How do I connect my computer to the network?
A: Wired: Plug it in
Wireless: SSID: eduroam, Username: your_username@uwo.ca, Password: your_password
Q: How do I connect my smartphone to AirPennNet?
A: 1. Connect to AirPennNet.
2. Select "Settings" from the AirPennNet menu.
3. Select "Wireless Networks" from the Settings menu.
4. Select "Add Network" from the Wireless Networks menu.
5. Enter "AirPennNet" as the SSID.
6. Select "WPA2-Enterprise" as the Security Type.
7. Enter your PennKey and password in the appropriate fields.


Q: What is the application deadline?
A: The current application deadlines can be found on the Admissions website.
Q: What is Putnam (225)?
A: The most important courses for math majors are Algebra 2, Analysis 1, and Analysis 2. These courses will teach you the fundamental ideas and methods of modern mathematics.
Q: What is the difference between Honors and College Prep math?
A: There are many ways to study mathematical topics online, including websites like Khan Academy, YouTube, Mathhelp.com, Albert.io, DeltaMath, and Quizlet. A student who has a solid foundation in prerequisite topics will feel confident and be ready to take on the next phase of their math learning!
Q: What calculator is required for my math class?
A: No, you don't have to purchase a graphing calculator.
Q: What is Canvas?
A: Canvas is the School of Arts and Sciences' online course management system.
Q: How do I create a Canvas site for my courses?
A: Canvas sites are created for the standard calculus courses: Math 103, 104, 114, 115, 240, 241. For other courses, a Canvas site is created on request by completing the Canvas Course Request form.
Q: What is a PennKey and who needs one?
A: A PennKey is an individual's username within the PennKey authentication system. Paired with an associated password, a PennKey is required to authenticate your identity for access to many of Penn's networked systems and services.


Q: Where do graduates go after Wake Forest?
A: The Wake Forest University Mathematics Department offers a Master of Science in Mathematics with both thesis and non-thesis options. Students can complete the degree in as little as one calendar year. A wide range of courses is available, covering algebra, analysis, topology, geometry, number theory, combinatorics, computational mathematics, and probability. Funding is available to support travel to conferences and research between the first and second years of the program.
Q: Where and how do I create a personal Home Page on www.upenn.edu?
A: You can create a professional webpage on CampusPress for yourself or for an SAS research lab, program, or conference. To request a CampusPress site, email us at manager@math.upenn.edu.
Q: How do I change my password?
A: New users should change their password as soon as possible.
Q: How may I remotely access the hans server and transfer files?
A: Install SecureCRT and connect to hans.math.upenn.edu using SSH2 protocol.
Q: How do I send an email to my class?
A: The Registrar's office creates email aliases for every official University course so that students and instructors can communicate easily. These aliases are set up with default settings, but instructors and TAs can change the settings through the Class Mailing List Service page.
Q: How do I access my Email?
A: Undergraduates, Graduates, and Visiting Scholars use Google@SAS, which is available by logging into Gmail with your SAS email address and password. Faculty and Staff use PennO365, which is available through the Outlook Web Application (OWA).
Q: How will I contact my instructors?
A: You will need to buy textbooks, graduate, advise, and Career Services. Miscellaneous fees may also apply.

contact | terms | privacy
© 2018-2024 semanticjuice.com