/ Animal science

Domain overview in Animal Science niche. Based on relevant links and pages only. rank
Number of domains linking to
semantic flow
Number of links to
semantic flow

Domains with most semantic flow to

Relevant domains with most links to selected domain.

domain info

Most linked pages from

Pages from domain with most relevant inbound links.




semantic flow


on topic


rel links

external links

external domains

referring domains

external backlinks


Random 'animal science FAQs', may be related to more specific topics, not general animal science topic.



Q: Why do veterinarians, who are supposed to care for sick animals, sometimes do experiments on them?
A: veterinarians are intimately involved in the care and treatment of laboratory animals, and realize that the results of animal research improve the health of animals as well as humans.
Q: Why is it important to conduct product safety tests on animals when "cruelty-free" products are available?
A: Animal testing is important for consumer safety and should not be banned.
Q: Why are increasing numbers of animals sacrificed for research, especially for repetitive experiments?
A: The number of animals used in research has decreased in the past 20-25 years. The best estimates for the reduction in the overall use of animals in research range from 20-50%.
Q: Why do we need to use animals in experiments?
A: Animals play an important role in both the development of new treatments for human diseases and in our understanding of other animals.
Q: Who cares for animals’ welfare in labs?
A: The welfare of animals in labs is important to the scientists and caretakers who work with them. Replacement, reduction and refinement are guiding principles in the ethical use of animals in research.


Q: How do I register for classes?
A: Visit your ONE.UF account and sign in with your Gatorlink. Go to Register/View My Schedule and select Summer/Fall 2022. If it is not your registration time yet, you will see a date and time listed for when registration will open for you. You must clear all holds before you will be able to register or see your registration start time! Do this early, do not wait until registration day to do this!
Q: How do I register for ANS departmentally controlled classes?
A: If you want to make a request for a class to be ANS-controlled, fill out and submit the appropriate form below. If you have questions, contact the ANS department chair.

Requesting a new ANS-Controlled Class

If you want ANS to offer a new class, you must fill out the ANS-Controlled Class Request Form. Once you have filled out the form, you must send it to the ANS department chair for approval
Q: How do I apply to add a minor?
A: Email Jane Dolder ( or James Fant ( for approval to change your major to something outside of CALS. If your major is outside of CALS, then send the email to the respective college for approval.
Q: What can I expect from my Primarily Classroom/Traditional, Hybrid or 100% online classes?
A: There are three types of courses being offered this spring: primarily classroom/traditional, hybrid, and 100% online. Students who will not be living in Gainesville for the spring should make sure to select the 100% online sections of their courses.
Q: How do I meet with my advisor?
A: Zoom link:

Password: 186440

Office Hours:

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 10:00am-12:00pm
Q: How do I tell if my dog is stressed?
A: Dogs bark for lots of reasons, and it's very situational.


Q: Where is the Agriculture Center (college farm) located?
A: The Joe W. Autry Agriculture Building is located on the campus of the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, TN. The Agriculture Center is located next to the Agriculture Building.
Q: Where to find information about the group?
A: ASGSA is a group for Animal Science Graduate students that provides social, academic, and professional support.
Q: How do I get more information about veterinary schools and their admissions process?
A: The AAVMC publishes a book with information on veterinary schools and colleges in the US, Canada, and abroad. This book is available from the AAVMC website or from other commercial sites and bookstores.
Q: What about GRE's?
A: The GRE is the standardized test most commonly used for entry into veterinary school, and it should be taken in the spring or summer before your senior year of college. Preparatory courses or books are available to help you study for the exam.
Q: Where can I find the tuition fees, and are there any other fees?
A: The tuition fees can be found on each program page. When you click on the title of a program, it will bring you to the program page. Canadian residents pay applicable taxes. There are no other fees (e.g. enrollment or graduation fees etc.).

For more information on tuition and fees, please visit the Tuition and Fees page.


Q: Why can't alternatives such as computer models and cell cultures replace animal research?
A: Scientists still need to use animals for research because computers and other adjunct methods cannot mimic the complicated interactions among cells, tissues and organs that occur in humans and animals.
Q: What is the difference between animal research and animal testing?
A: Animal research is a broad term that covers a wide range of scientific disciplines, from studying animal behaviour in the wild to understanding disease in the lab. "Animal testing" is a specific type of animal research that assesses the safety and efficacy of potential new drugs and chemicals.
Q: What undergraduate majors would be a good fit for a career in wild animal welfare?
A: The Wild Animal Initiative is interested in research that could benefit a large number of individual animals, and that takes into account the number of individuals who will benefit from the project. Projects that are exclusively beneficial to an endangered species are less likely to meet this criterion.
Q: What opportunities are there at UNH to obtain animal and veterinary experience?
A: There are many ways to get experience that veterinary schools will accept at UNH. Talk to your advisor to learn more.
Q: How is positive animal welfare defined?
A: The ability for an animal to be free from hunger, thirst, discomfort, pain, injury, disease, fear, and distress, as well as the ability to engage in normal behavior, is what is considered to be the five freedoms in captivity.
Q: What is the difference between the online program and the traditional program?
A: The MLAS program at Drexel is ideal for students who want to improve their chances of getting into veterinary school, or for those who are interested in careers in biomedical research. The program offers a wide range of courses, the opportunity to conduct research, and the possibility of attending vet school internationally.


Q: What happens to animals once an experiment is completed?
A: Animals are euthanized so that their tissues can be studied. If they are not needed for tissue, they may be used in other experiments.
Q: What happens to animals after the experiment?
A: Most animals used in research are humanely euthanized, as this is often the only way to obtain certain information. Some animals may be adopted out, but many are not suited to life as a house pet.
Q: Why does my cat get the zoomies after pooping?
A: Cats are weird and mysterious creatures, and many of their strange behaviors are leftover from their wild days as predators. If you're ever worried about your cat's behavior, check with your vet.


Q: How do I enroll in ANS 4911 Undergraduate Research credits?
A: Complete the form and email it to Alexis Strickland-Tilton.
Q: How do researchers decide which species of animal to use for an experiment?
A: The choice of animal model for a biomedical experiment is based on the specific goals of the experiment and the knowledge we have about that animal species.
Q: How do I choose an undergraduate college?
A: The most important factor in getting into veterinary school is your undergraduate preparation. Choose a competitive college and make sure you do well in your coursework.
Q: How do you accurately interpret an animal’s behavior?
A: Yes, animals can think, but we don't know exactly how or what they're thinking about. We do know that they experience a lot of the same emotions that we do, but we're not sure if they experience them in the same way that we do.


Q: What assurances exist that stolen or lost pets are not used in research?
A: Yes, some shelters do provide animals for research, but most research animals are bred specifically for that purpose.
Q: What courses should I take in high school?
A: Take all college preparatory courses in all major subjects, especially biology, chemistry, physics, calculus, trigonometry, statistics, environmental/earth science, and English. Also important are computer science, history, and languages. Take all at the highest level your high school offers.
Q: When can I enter veterinary college?
A: You need to have at least 60 credits of undergraduate coursework (two years of full time study) and all the required prerequisite courses completed before you can enter our Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree program. You can enter the DVM degree program as early as the end of your sophomore year in college.
Q: What should I study in college?
A: Any major is acceptable, but you must be able to take many science courses.
Q: What college courses are required?
A: You need to take English Composition or Writing Intensive Courses (2 semesters), Biology (or Zoology) I and II with Labs*, General Chemistry I and II with Labs*, and General Physics I and II with Labs*.
Q: What are the advantages of attending Purdue for undergraduate study?
A: The Pre-Vet club at UC Davis provides its members with access to quality academic advising, opportunities to volunteer in community practice, and networking opportunities with other pre-vet and veterinary medical students and faculty.
Q: What is included in veterinary experience?
A: A veterinarian may supervise activities or tasks such as animal husbandry, animal health and welfare, clinical examinations, diagnostic testing, surgery, and prescription medication.
Q: Where should I send my AP/IB scores?
A: No, but you can ask your advisor.


Q: When may I apply to the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree program?
A: You can apply for the DVM program as early as the end of your freshman year, provided you have the appropriate number of prerequisite courses completed and a minimum of 30 semester credits in college.
Q: How does Cornell evaluate applications to the DVM degree program?
A: To be considered for admission to veterinary school, applicants must have strong academic abilities and aptitude, as well as a high GPA.
Q: Why does this website exist?
A: We’re a blog that yells at bad animal media and squeees over the good stuff.
Q: How many years does it take to complete the DVM degree?
A: It takes approximately 7-8 years to complete the entire process of becoming a physician.
Q: How does the DVM program differ in preparation from the Veterinary Nursing program?
A: DVM is the degree you need to be a veterinarian, and veterinary nursing is the degree you need to be a veterinary nurse.
Q: What is the student-to-teacher ratio for the DVM program?
A: There are three students to every one instructor.


Q: What is CASI's refund policy?
A: There are no refunds.
Q: How will I be graded, and what method of instruction is used?
A: CASI uses the Personalized System of Instruction (PSI) method, which is based on the study of behavior. This system is characterized by knowing what will be covered in advance, gradually accumulating levels of depth, frequent assessment, requiring mastery at each stage before moving on, having multiple opportunities to improve comprehension and grades, working at your own pace, and having ready access to instructor guidance.
Q: What are CASI's associations with professional associations and certifying bodies in the field?
A: CASI is a school that is accredited by the IAABC and AABP, and has been approved by the CPDT-KA and CAP2. CASI is also associated with the IAABC, AABP, CPDT-KA, and CAP2 in various other ways.
Q: What is the theoretical orientation of CASI?
A: CASI is a school that teaches the science of behavior.
Q: What is the history of CASI?
A: James O’Heare founded CASI in 1999 in order to provide animal-friendly methods training to people who could not attend Jean Donaldson’s Academy for Dog Trainers.
Q: What type of credit can I earn?
A: Aquarium Science is a hands-on course that teaches students how to maintain and grow marine organisms in captivity. The course requires a minimum GPA of 2.5 and students must have demonstrated excellent attendance in the past. There are no specific course prerequisites, but a background or strong interest in Biology and other similar courses will be beneficial.


Q: What jobs are available for students with a degree in Animal Science/Production/Business?
A: There are many career opportunities available to graduates of the Department of Animal Science. These include self-employment, private industry and state/federal agencies.
Q: Who can assist me prepare for veterinary school?
A: 1. Meet with an undergraduate advisor to discuss degree programs.
2. Consider your back-up plan in case you don't get into veterinary school.
3. Contact Pre-Professional Advising at Purdue University for more information.
Q: What are minimum course requirements (MCR)?
A: The UNC system requires that incoming students have a minimum of four English classes, four math classes, three science classes, three social science classes, and two foreign language classes.
Q: What kinds of scholarships are available to me?
A: If you are admitted to NC State by October 15, you will be considered for merit-based scholarships through the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. Admitted CALS students are also eligible for specific CALS scholarships.
Q: Why didn’t all of my credits transfer to NC State?
A: The reason for this could be due to a multitude of reasons. Please contact Undergraduate Admissions for clarification.

contact | terms | privacy
© 2018-2024